Last updated: April 10th, 2022.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us may include:
- Contact details, such as your company’s name, your first and last name, email address, state, and phone number.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Third parties, such as our business partners and others.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our website and the Services (in your capacity as our customer’s authorized user), our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
Service inquiries, including to:
- Communicate with you about the Services, including by sending information, announcements, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- Provide, operate and improve the Services and our business; and
- Provide support for the Services, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services, and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising, including for:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means. You may opt out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
Compliance and protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern our website and Services; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with:
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our Services or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above, that may collect information on our website through cookies and other automated technologies.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Skio or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communications we send you.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: www.adsettings.google.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/settings/personalization
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: outout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track“ or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,“ please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com
Other Sites and Services
Our Services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our Services from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach us by email at email@example.com
or at the following mailing address: 2261 Market St. #4096 San Francisco, CA 94114.